Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pinterest: Anatomy of a Pin

Pinterest can be confusing. So here is a down and dirty tutorial. (I've always wanted to use that phrase. lol)

Anatomy of a pin
1. The image that is pinned (The pin)
2. The name of the board where you can locate the pin. If you are not the owner of the board you can follow it by clicking the button below. (Because it is my board I can edit it instead of following it)
3. The pinner. This is the owner of the pin you are looking at and the person doing the pinning.
4. You can Repin the image, which simply means place the image on one of your own boards.
5. image source. You can click on this link to take you to the source of the image. Hopefully it is somewhere useful and not just into the vast inter webs. (I hate when that happens) Sadly, I have made the worst offense with this pin and just pinned off the google search engine page. Forgive me.
6. The description of the pin. You can customize this or just steal someone else's when you repin. I am guilty of both.
7. Likes. You can like the image and not repin it. Its a virtual high five to the owner of the board. It certainly makes me smile. Who doesn't like a bit of validation?
8. Repins. The ultimate Pinterest high five. A list of people who liked the image/pi enough to repin it.

So there you have it. A bit of pinterest demystified. I hope it was helpful.

xoxoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment